We strongly suggest using NuGet packages to install SDK into your application.
Alternative manual installation is described in this tutorial.
1. Create WinForms or WPF project (we using WinForms but for WPF all very similar).
2. Create a new Toolbox item group, call it VisioForge.
3. Right mouse click, select Choose items menu item.
4. In the dialog, click the Browse button and select VisioForge.Controls.UI.dll assembly.
5. You can see various SDK controls now in a dialog. Click OK to add them to the toolbox.
6. Open project settings. Set x86 or AnyCPU, same as a selected assembly.
7. Open project settings. Set x86 or AnyCPU, same as a selected assembly.