Video Capture SDK .Net and Video Edit SDK .Net can stream live videos or convert to HLS files for future streaming.
HLS based on HTTP and you need to install HTTP server.
Windows have IIS available as part of OS, but usually it's not installed by default. Also, you can use any alternative HTTP server but you'll need to handle .m3u8 and .ts files correctly.
1. Install IIS if required. Open "Turn Windows feature on or off" dialog and select IIS checkbox.
2. Create c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hls\ folder to store video files and playlist.
3. Upload web.config file to this folder to configure file routing.
4. Start Video Capture SDK / Video Edit SDK Main Demo. Select Network streaming tab for live streaming or HLS output format to save video files for future streaming. By default video files will be saved to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\hls\ for network streaming, select this folder for HLS output format manually.
5. Now we need to create HTML page with player to play live stream or converted video files. You should see playlist.m3u8 and several .ts files in output folder. You can use this player , we have custom version with player set to play out playlist.m3u8 file. Unzip player to output folder.
6. Open playback URL in browser.
You can use alternative players or HTTP server, or play on Android / iOS devices.