How to migrate from v14 to v15?
v15 SDK has many API changes. SDK main controls were divided into Core and VideoView parts.
API change list
- SDK_State property has been removed. We do not have TRIAL and FULL SDK versions anymore.
- DirectShow_Filters_Show_Dialog, DirectShow_Filters_Has_Dialog, Audio_Codec_HasDialog, Audio_Codec_ShowDialog, Video_Codec_HasDialog, Video_Codec_ShowDialog, Filter_Supported_LAV, Filter_Exists_MatroskaMuxer, Filter_Exists_OGGMuxer, Filter_Exists_VorbisEncoder, Filter_Supported_EVR, Filter_Supported_VMR9 and Filter_Supported_NVENC has been moved to VisioForge.Tools.FilterHelpers class.
- VFAudioStreamInfo/VFVideoStreamInfo duration type changed to Timespan.
- Decklink types from VisioForge.Types assembly moved to VisioForge.Types.Decklink namespace.
- Status property changes to State, type is PlaybackState in all SDKs.
- UI controls split into Core (VideoCaptureCore, MediaPlayerCore, VideoEditCore) and VideoView.
- Video_CaptureDevice... properties merged into Video_CaptureDevice property of VideoCaptureSource type.
- Audio_CaptureDevice... properties merged into Audio_CaptureDevice property of AudioCaptureSource type.
- In Media Player SDK Source_Stream... properties were merged into Source_MemoryStream property of MemoryStreamSource type.
- Media Player SDK types moved from VisioForge.Types namespace to VisioForge.Types.MediaPlayer.
- Video Capture SDK types moved from VisioForge.Types namespace to VisioForge.Types.VideoCapture.
- Video Edit SDK types moved from VisioForge.Types namespace to VisioForge.Types.VideoEdit.
- Output types moved from VisioForge.Types namespace to VisioForge.Types.Output.
- Video Effects types moved from VisioForge.Types namespace to VisioForge.Types.VideoEffects.
- Audio Effects types moved from VisioForge.Types namespace to VisioForge.Types.AudioEffects.
- Event types moved from VisioForge.Types namespace to VisioForge.Types.Events.
We suggest removing UI control from your form and adding VideoView control instead of with the name VideoView1. Also, add the core class (for example, VideoCaptureCore) with the name of previously used UI control.
Independent VideoView allows us to add additional UI platforms like UWP, MAUI, Eco, and Avalonia.
Visit our GitHub page to get more code samples.